This article was originally published on February 20, 2016 in The Silicon Review.
"Data is what distinguishes the dilettante from the artist.” – George V. Higgins
Data driven companies are those that are able to extensively rely on data in order to make the best, most effective decisions. Being data driven is an aspiration that begins with generating data and ends with discovering insights and acting upon them. Headquartered in New York, USA, Eccella Corporation is a Data Management and Analytics consulting company that helps build data driven companies.
Eccella was founded in 2010 as an Information Systems consulting company with deep expertise in Data Management and Business Intelligence. In the early years, it focused on public sector customers and then transitioned gradually to large enterprises in the private sector. To support its international clientele and continue its growth, Eccella opened offices in the UK and India. With continuous success in Data Management, the company was looking to serve its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of data and their respective mission critical business needs. To that end, it increased its scope to customer analytical end results as a continuation of the Data Management effort. Eccella builds analytics solutions leveraging one of an organization’s greatest assets – data.
Product & Service Offering
- Its offering begins with Data Strategy – an analysis of an organization’s current state in terms of what systems are in place, what are its relevant KPI’s, etc. Eccella then works with an organization to build a roadmap for how they aspire to leverage data to add value to their organization.
- Most organizations then require a data infrastructure, including systems integration to connect their applications as well as warehousing and reporting facilities to bring them to a state of operational awareness – all ensuring that key stakeholders have access to operational data across their enterprise in real time.With a foundation of systems integration and reporting in place, data and operational challenges are exposed. The next phase it supports is in building data governance infrastructures to ensure trusted, correct and consistent data throughout an organization, as well as to automate manual processes improving operational efficiencies.
- Building on operational efficiencies, Eccella looks to match strategic imperatives and decisions with advanced models providing insight into which markets to enter, which customer segments to target and more.
Building on top of the company’s data management solutions for acquisition, exchange and governance of data, Eccella offers industry and vertical based analytic solutions that add significant value to an organization including fraud detection, risk evaluation, claim prioritization, revenue reclamation and visualization models, resulting in operational excellence.
- Finally, the key to being data driven is a cultural shift within an organization. It works to ensure that the data and insights are accessible to all, which involves providing portals and training throughout an organization.
“Eccella’s depth of knowledge in the products and best practices were spot-on, and equally impressive was their breadth of knowledge across many enterprise and analytics systems and technologies. Eccella is a can-do firm that can be relied on to get the job done right, the first time.”
– JustOneDB SVP & GM, Americas
Present and Future Focus Areas
Knowing the Key Executive
“Our mission is to help organizations effectively leverage their data to make smarter, more informed decisions, faster.”